Effectiveness of emergency contraceptive due to thrush

Patient: I have been experienceing an itching sensation recently that I believe to be Thrush. I have since purchased Canestan Duo oral medication in order to rectify thre problem. My question is on Thursday morning I took Levonelle emergency contraceptive pill and was wondering that if I took the Thrush medication would it effect the contraceptive from working in any way. I am on additional medication called Vesicare for an existing bladder condition.

Doctor: Thank you for your question. There are no adverse interactions or reduction in efficacy of any of these three medication s that you are currently taking and you emergency contraceptive. We do recommend that you follow up with your doctor for a pregnancy test if you would like to be certain that you are not pregnant after completing your emergency contraceptive.Thank you for consulting AskTheDoctor.com