Effectiveness of emergency contraceptive due to thrush

Patient

Q: I have been experienceing an itching sensation recently that I believe to be Thrush. I have since purchased Canestan Duo oral medication in order to rectify thre problem. My question is on Thursday morning I took Levonelle emergency contraceptive pill and was wondering that if I took the Thrush medication would it effect the contraceptive from working in any way. I am on additional medication called Vesicare for an existing bladder condition.

Doctor

A:   Thank you for your question. There are no adverse interactions or reduction in efficacy of any of these three medications that you are currently taking and you emergency contraceptive. We do recommend that you follow up with your doctor for a pregnancy test if you would like to be certain that you are not pregnant after completing your emergency contraceptive.

Thank you for consulting AskTheDoctor.com