Effects and treatment of natural gas leak exposure

Patient: Just found out have been exposed to natural gas leak in home for over a year. recently have noticed husband and I have been experiencing some problems over this past year and wonder if this could be because of the exposure?

Symptoms: Mood-change, lethargy,irritability,confusion,fatigue and memory problems and myself chest pain this past 5 months, could the gas be the problem?

Doctor: Thank you for your question. Natural gas or propane inhalation for extended periods of time can lead to headaches, nause a, shortness of breath, dizziness, and altered mental status. It is quite likely that this exposure could be eliciting your symptoms. These symptoms can resolve on their own after a few days, however, it is important that you and other family members exposed to see your doctor to be examined. We encourage you to have your house has been professionally inspected and cleared, prior to returning home.Thank you for consulting AskTheDoctor.com