Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Effects of taking Doxycycline 3 times a day

Effects of taking Doxycycline 3 times a day

Patient: My 14year old daughter is supposed to take 1 a day 100 mg Doxycycline, but for the past 3 days she has been taking it 3 times a day. She got confused between her 2 prescriptions. What should I do?

Symptoms: Treating acne

Doctor: Welcome to Ask The Doctor.We are here to help you on this medical health advice platform.She has taken excessively high dose of Doxycycline as for her age. I would recommend in such case to skip the dose for next 2-3 days. And if she has any loose stools, gastritis , or acidity then she would require to take a Probiotic containing Lactobacillus and a combination of Pantoprazole and Domperidone. Doxycycline frequently causes stomach upset. So, in case she has, follow the mentioned advice, else just skip the dose for next 3 days, and re start again as has been advised by your doctor.Share my opinion with your doctor.I hope it helps.Stay Healthy.