EFFUSION AND BULKY PANCREAS

Patient : Hi, I went for a CT scan of my back which was sore have had spinal fusion T11-L1. Degeneration of facets joints was reported and Co-insidentley on CT a bulky head of pancreas and a pericardial effusion evident. Waiting for US to both areas. I am so stressed being a nurse. Can you help by explaining what are the causes of theses findings as my GP did not say much waiting for US.
Symptoms:  Lower back pain down right leg
Doctor :   Welcome to Ask The Doctor. We are here to help you. There are two different issues: 1. Spinal Fusion and degenerative bone disease. 2. Chronic Pancreatitis. Cause needs to be evaluated. I would advise you to get: 1. Hemogram with ESR 2. CRP 3. Serum Amylase and Lipase 4. Ultrasound Abdomen to see for status of liver. 5. Liver and Kidney Function test. I hope it helps. Stay Healthy.