Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > EFFUSION AND BULKY PANCREAS

EFFUSION AND BULKY PANCREAS

Patient: Hi, I went for a CT scan of my back which was sore have had spinal fusion T11-L1. Degeneration of facets joints was reported and Co-insidentley on CT a bulky head of pancreas and a pericardial effusion evident. Waiting for US to both areas. I am so stressed being a nurse. Can you help by explaining what are the causes of theses findings as my GP did not say much waiting for US.

Symptoms: Lower back pain down right leg

Doctor: Welcome to Ask The Doctor.We are here to help you.There are two different issues:1. Spinal Fusion and degenerative bone disease.2. Chronic Pancreatitis.Cause needs to be evaluated.I would advise you to get:1. Hemogram with ESR2. CRP3. Serum Amylase and Lipase4. Ultrasound Abdomen to see for status of liver.5. Liver and Kidney Function test.I hope it helps.Stay Healthy.