Eighteen Year Old Guy with Receding Hair on Legs. What's happening?

Patient

Q: Ok I have kind of a weird question. I am an 18-year old man and recently, I noticed that the patches of hair on my legs and wrists has begun to recede. The thing is that it looks like I took a beard trimmer and went over all these regions and did a shoddy job of it. They don't look like the hair has flat fallen out, only trimmed, and I swear I haven't shaved or trimmed these regions. I'm not a walking pile of falling out hair either. When I rub the regions, hardly anything comes off. I only notice it in comparison to the rest of the surrounding hair. I notice that it's much shorter and it varies in length. It seems random too. They don't seem to be connected, and it's different on both sides in terms of lengths and regions affected. I'm really kind of scared about this because I have no idea what's going on. Anything would be of great help. I'm really nervous here and the anxiety is not doing me any good at all. Thanks!

Doctor