September 21, 2018

Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Ejaculated in a female, but she had her period a week later. Can she still be pregnant?

Ejaculated in a female, but she had her period a week later. Can she still be pregnant?

Patient: I had unprotected sex with my gf and i did not ejaculate and a week later she had her period is there any chance for pregnancy ?

Doctor: Thank you for your query.If the girl had her normal menstrual cycle with normal flow as per her schedule like the way she always has, then the chances of her being pregnant are almost remote. It is always advisable to use contraceptive modes to prevent an unwanted pregnancy than opting for an abortion.Hope that answers your query. Have a good day.