Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Ejaculation nesr vagina probability of pregnancy

Ejaculation nesr vagina probability of pregnancy

Patient: If I ejaculated on my girlfriend’s vagina(no penetration at all) and then she had her period one day later(yes I’m sure its her period), and she has regular cycles about 30 days. Is it possible for her to get pregnant?

Doctor: It is not possible to get pregnant one day before the expected periods. Roughly, one week before or after the woman’s pe riod, is known as a safe period for unprotected sex as during this time a woman’s fertility is very low. This is because the chances of an ovulation (release of egg) are very low during this period.It is difficult to speculate regarding the chances of an ejaculate on the woman’s perineum leading to a pregnancy; although technically speaking its possible for an introital insemination to cause a pregnancy.