Ejaculation problems

Patient : Sometimes after my husband and I have sex I go to the bathroom and I do not see any evidence of semen. this does not happen all the time but once in a while it does. my husband says he has orgasimed and his body definitely acts like he has but sometimes there is no physical evidence of semen when I go to the bathroom. Is this common? Are there times when I might not see any evidence of semen when I go to the bathroom?
Symptoms:  little or no evidence of semen after sex when I go to the bathroom