Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Ejaculation problems while using Panafcortelone ?

Ejaculation problems while using Panafcortelone ?

Patient: Hi my partner is taking Panafcortelone 25mg for skin conditions in the past couple of months he has not been able to ejaculate during intercourse we thought it was the condoms but it doesn’t seem to be the case at all… I have tried to google advice and I found on topic that said it causes low sperm count and changes in hormone levels.. I hope you can please help me thanks

Doctor: Thank you for your question. Prednisolone (Panafcortelone 25mg) is a a glucocorticoid medication which is used to treat inflammation and autoimmune diseases. Glucocorticoids are hormones that are naturally produced in the body, and when in excess, such as when taking prednisolone, there are a number of side effects that can be experienced. One common side effect of this medication is edema, or swelling of the extremities due to fluid retention. There are no documented cases of delayed ejaculation as a side effect of taking this medication. Other side effects include weight gain, insomnia, depression, and in some cases, intestinal bleeding. The psychological side effects of this medication can indeed have an affect on sexual performance, and it is possible that this could be contributing to your partner’s problem. It is also possible that your partner’s problem could be due an unrelated illness. We recommend that your he see his doctor to have a full examination conducted,and have a prostate exam performed, as an enlarged prostate can cause delayed ejaculation.We hope AskTheDoctor.com has addressed your concerns. Thank you for choosing askthedoctor.com for your health question.