Elbow and knee pain

Q: Hello Dear Doctor,
i am 36 years old male, few months after i went to gym, now i feel a bit pain in my elbow and knee and joint during exercise. please can you tell me may i take any supplement?
if i need to take what supplement i should take.
Thank you.

Symptoms:  Pain

A:   Thank you for writing to us.

It seems that you have either a muscle strain or a ligament injury.

Here are a few things you can try:
Rest - Rest of the knee and elbow. You should stop exercising and reduce strenuous activity
Ice - Ice the elbow for 15 minutes and leave off ice for 45 minutes
Compression - Compress the knee and elbow by using a crepe bandage
Elevate the elbow and the knee to allow blood flow back to the heart
Take Paracetamol to reduce swelling and get massages done to reduce the swelling.

If the pain does not reduce after 1 week, please see a Doctor. All the best.