Elbow pain

Patient: I think I have tennis elbow, what kind of doc should i go see?

Doctor: The repetitive use of the elbow muscles can produce microtears in the tendons, inflammation and pain and is called:  Med dial Epicondylitis or Golfer’s elbow. In United States is one of the most common causes of elbow pain. The specialist that you may consult, most likely is the Sports medicine doctor or the orthopedic surgeon.The conservative treatment for the Golfer’s Elbow is as follows:  education and golf/tennis swing modification, anti-inflammatory drugs (such as “Motrin”, “Aleve”), physical therapy with flexibility and strengthening exercises, wrist splints if needed, and for patients that do not show significant improvement the corticosteroid injection may be consider.