Elective surgery on unmedicated diabetic patient

Patient : Dr. Would it be advisable to perform plastic surgery, abdomiplasti, on an untreated diabetic? This was done to me with no diabetic medicine prescribed until 5 days after the operation. As such, I have now had 2 extra surgeries in 3 months to clear up infection. Needless to say, the scaring is horrible. Thank you
Doctor :   Hi dear patient, firstly you need to get your diabetic status checked and i would suggest you to get it done before yo u go for surgery. my advise would be to consult your diabetologist and he would advise some tests regarding blood glucose levels and based on the results he would advise accordingly.