Elective surgery on unmedicated diabetic patient

Patient

Q: Dr. Would it be advisable to perform plastic surgery, abdomiplasti, on an untreated diabetic? This was done to me with no diabetic medicine prescribed until 5 days after the operation. As such, I have now had 2 extra surgeries in 3 months to clear up infection. Needless to say, the scaring is horrible. Thank you

Doctor

A:   Hi dear patient,
firstly you need to get your diabetic status checked and i would suggest you to get it done before you go for surgery. my advise would be to consult your diabetologist and he would advise some tests regarding blood glucose levels and based on the results he would advise accordingly.