Ask The Doctor > Pending > Electric shock while unplugging my laptop

Electric shock while unplugging my laptop

Patient: Hi, I have just got an electric shock while unplugging my laptop from the main outlet (240V). I am not burnt, the fingers are not red and my heart beats normally, but my forearm feels a bit strange. The answers I have found so far on the Internet range from “don’t worry I get it everyday” to “call a doctor immediately because you may have a heart attack later even if you are fine right now”. It is 1am and I feel okay, like going to bed, but I was wondering if I should see a doctor? Thanks.

 

 

Doctor:

 


 

 
Ask The Doctor
    Ask The Doctor
Dr. Suneel Sharman M.D.

Dr. Suneel Sharman M.D.

Dr. Suneel Sharman completed his residency in Family Medicine at the University of Toronto. He currently operates Infinity Health Centre, a walk-in-clinic in downtown Toronto.

Book Appointment