Elevated B twelve and ALT

Patient

Q: Does mildly elevated B12 and ALT on a blood test mean anything serious? I haven't been feeling good lately and having times where I am overheated. I really don't want to go to my primary care doctor over something that will go away with time. Thanks!

Doctor

A:   I would be more concerned about the elavated ALT which indicates that there is some problem or pathology in your liver. This could either be due to inflammation or any other pathology depending on the level of increase in the enzyme level. If you are otherwise well and have no symptoms then i would advice you to ignore these readings and repeat the same in about 4 months to recheck. I hope this helps.