Elevated levels of Vitamin B-12

Patient

Q: Elevated levels of vitamin B-12 due to over-dosing of supplements. My level was around 70 in Jan or Feb 2014. On advise of friend (rather than a doctor) I started taking mecobalamin 1500 mcg, two tablets a day. This month I again tested my vitamin B-12 levels, which have gone up to 996. Normal range as per the laboratory are-243-894pg/ml.

Could I be at risk of serious liver disease as most sources suggest or could it be merely a result of over-dosing that may normalize with time as I stop the supplements?

Symptoms:  Depression which led me to test B-12 levels initially. The second test this month was just a follow up.
Doctor