Elevated RBC count and elevated AST /ALT

Patient : I have an elivated Red blood count and a low ACT and A??. (assume this is liver enzimes) should I worry?
Doctor :   An elevated RBC count is known as polycythemia. The red blood cell signifies the number of red blood cells in a given vo lume of blood. The normal range is between 4.2 - 5.4 million cells/ul in women and 4.7 - 6.1 million cells/ul in men. Increase in the RBC count is seen in polcythemia vera, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, congestive cardiac failure and pulmonary hypertension. It is also seen people living in high altitudes. Elevated levels of AST and ALT may be due to injury/inflammation of the liver by infection or cancer. You may need to see your doctor to further diagnose the cause of the increased RBC count and AST/ALT levels.