Emergency Contraceptive

Patient

Q: Is taking 4 low-ogestrel 28 at one point and then 12 hours taking another 4 a reliable emergency contraceptive? I heard it is just as effective as Plan B.

Doctor

Yes, this regime of emergency contraception is known as YUTZPE'S REGIME and it's equally effective as plan-b or even ipill. It involves 4 pills of levonorgestrel stat and then again after 12 hours, bleeding should be expected in next 7 days. the pack should be discarded and not used in this cycle anymore. A fresh pack may be started at / after the onset of menses, once pregnancy is ruled out.
I hope I have answered your query,
regards