EMERGENCY sex and pregnancy scare

Patient

Q: I got fingered by a guy who might have had cum on his hands. is it possible to get pregnant by that? if so what is the likelyhood of that happening?

Doctor

A:   Sperms survive for variable times in air. Generally once the semen dries up on external surfaces the sperms are dead or incapacitated. However if was fresh semen that has entered your vagina then there is a possibility of a pregnancy.
The best way to avoid any stress of an unwanted pregnancy is to use a contraceptive method. If you are not on any pills or injection, then you can take an emergency contraceptive pill also known as a morning after pill within 72 hours to avoid a pregnancy.
Visit a family planning clinic or a health care provider for a more thorough discussion on emergency contraceptives.