End of pill and now no periods

Patient

Q: I was on the pill last year (cilest) from September-December and came off it because I didn't get along with it very well. The pills were misused towards the end of my time on it which messed around my periods a bit. I had a normal period in Jan but have not had one since, is this normal?

Doctor

A:   You should have typically regained normal menstrual cycle by now. You may be in anovulatory cycles which does lead to irregular cycles and bleeding due to the pill. However since it has been a long time since you stopped the pill I would advice you to see your Family physician for a complete examination along with hormonal testing. All the best.