Endometriosis

Patient: When endometriosis is growing in the abdomen what damage can it do, and what symtoms will it present?

Doctor: I realize how concerned you might be about Endometriosis. In this condition, the endometrium which normally lines your u terus grows in other places as well. Most often, this growth is on your fallopian tubes, ovaries or the tissue lining your pelvis.  This tissue continues to act as it normally would during a menstrual cycle: It thickens, breaks down and bleeds each month. Because there’s nowhere for the blood from this displaced tissue to exit your body, it becomes trapped, and surrounding tissue can become irritated.The main complication of endometriosis is impaired fertility. In the abdomen, it can produce adhesions that can trap the egg near the ovary. It may inhibit the mobility of the fallopian tube and impair its ability to pick up the egg. Despite these possible complications, many women with endometriosis are still able to conceive. It may take them a little longer to get pregnant, but most women with mild to moderate endometriosis can become pregnant. It would be recommended for these women to have their kids as early as possible. I hope I could clear your doubt.