Endometriosis and trying to conceive

Q: In November last year I was diagnosed with endometriosis, I had no symptoms and happened to do a routine scan which revealed that I had a chocolate cyst on my ovary. I did a laporoscopy operation to get it removed 2 days later. My doctor said the operation went well, I had plenty of scar tissue but he has got rid of it, he also flushed my tubes and said everything is fine now. I have been trying every month since then to conceive but to no avail,. this month would be the fifth attempt. I have been getting positive ovulation tests and timing intercourse every month. I told my doctor and he said to keep trying for about a year but I'm afraid that the endometriosis will grow back. Should I do something else about it or Just keep trying.

A:   Despite the possible complications, most of the women with endometriosis are able to conceive. It may take them a little longer to get pregnant, but most women with mild to moderate endometriosis can become pregnant. If your endometriosis is comparatively mild, doctors may suggest no treatment for six to 12 months to see if you become pregnant without any intervention. If conception hasn’t occurred naturally after about a year of trying, I would recommed that you consider intrauterine insemination (IUI). If IUI is not successful or appropriate (such as where there is a male infertility problem as well),  IVF is recommended. The overall success rate as a result of IVF is about 25 per cent, but it is lower for women with endometriosis - the reasons for this are unclear.

Guest: I have endometriosis. It diagnose last year may 2013 @ 6cm they gave me depovera.until now.it is now 2cm i want to have a baby.can u advise me?what can i do?