Endometriosis in a 50 year old female past menopause

Patient

Q: Can endometriosis occur in a over 50 female who has past menopause?

Doctor

A:   There are chances of endometriosis in a post menopausal women. But the chances of it are very rare .
Need to be very careful in diagnosing endometriosis in post menopausal women as it can be confused with malignant ovarian tumor.

Although the condition is very rare, need to be very careful as there are chances of recurrence and malignant transformation. For this, the first option of treatment may be surgical, so do consult a doctor as early as possible for the diagnosis and treatment.