Enlarged lymph node for a year. Should i take a biopsy?

Patient: I am a 24 year old female, non-smoker, physically active and otherwise healthy. I have a lymph node in my neck below my ear/jaw that I found a year ago, which is about 2.5cm. Sometimes there are strange sensations through that area that feel almost numb (difficult to describe). I have seen a doctor when it was about 2 months old and she told me not to worry. Should I return and maybe have a biopsy on this node?

Symptoms: Enlarged lymph node, strange sensations

Doctor: Hello,Thank you for your query at AskTheDoctor.comI understand your concern.You mostly seem to have a nonspecific lymphadenitis in that particular lymph node and in the absence of any infection symptoms such as otitis media, it can be ignored.You need to observe for any change in size and consistency in the lymph node.If it changes its shape/size then you can go ahead and get an FNAC done which will help in the diagnosis.Hope this was helpful,Regards.