Enquiry for STD test & HIV

Q: I had an ectopic pregnancy a year back & since then unable to conceive. I was reading some article where it was mentioned STD also cause ectopic & can lead to infertility. I dont have any other symptoms. Few months back i was suffering from cough, short breath & sore throat for a while, it was there for almost 1 month. Now i dont have any such problems. Can you please suggest should i go ahead with STD test, if yes then which department i should consult. what are the test i should undergo.

A:   Thank you for writing to us.

Pelvic inflammatory disease and some other diseases can cause fibrosis of certain parts of the fallopian tubes. The fallopian tubes then can implant the fetus and this leads to an ectopic.

If you think that you have a STD, then you should get tested for the whole STD panel. Post this, you should be fine once treated.

Hope this helps you. All the best.