Ensure Plus

Patient

Q: I recently purchased 2 caseloads of ensure plus for my fiancee as he has a broken jaw and his mouth is completely wired shut for the next few weeks. He refuses to take in anymore as he is fed up with all the creamy drinks. What can I do to force him to drink these drinks as he is not getting enough nutrients. Are there any other supplements I can give him?

Doctor

A:   I can understand that your fiancee is fed up with drinking creamy drinks as the majortity of drinks out there with any nutrition are milk based. All you can do is be persistent that he keeps on taking the ensure to get the calories that he needs. I would also make sure and force him to take protein drinks like myoplex and other drinks with protein. Hope this helps.