Episodes of back pain after gardening, walking and working

Q: I used to get this pain on my back on right side only when i get extremely tired or i do lots of walking or working in the garden, the pain was like i can't make my back straight due the this pain, the pain was like something hurting my inside as if a sharp bone got out! but now its got even worst, few days ago i came to home from my class, where i go by walking which take me around 15 minutes and also get back walking, so this day i while coming to home i felt like a slight pain in my lower back and by the time i got home its like the exact pain i used to get on my right side only but this time its like my entire back, i can get it straight and the pain is really really sharp, i cant move, cant sit, it hurts all the time and i feel like my back is broken because i can't get support from my back and the pain is now also in my lower abdominal on left side and when the pain more worst it moves down to thighs from sides.

A:   Mechanical low back pain (LBP) is the second most common reason for seeing a physician in the United States. Of the US population, 85% will experience an episode of mechanical LBP at some point during their lifetime. Fortunately, the LBP resolves for the vast majority within 2-4 weeks. Sometimes it may complicate with a persistent muscle contracture and/or a sciatic nerve inflammation and the healing process takes a little longer. The suggested conservative treatment would be: a physical therapy program aimed to: control the pain and the inflammatory process, relative rest, flexion and extension exercises of the spine to reduce the nerve tension, exercises that improve the muscular strength and endurance of lumbar muscles. The main goal of physical therapy in persons with post-traumatic acute back pain is not to increase strength but to achieve adequate pain control. Acetaminophen (“Tylenol”) remains one of the best first-line treatments of acute LBP. It is generally well tolerated, has few adverse effects or drug reactions with other medications, and is inexpensive. You can also try anti inflammatory drugs (“Aleve”) or the one that you are actually taken “Celebrex”. Also, try avoiding all the activities that produce pain or discomfort, such as weight lifting, keep a good posture at all times and sleeping with a pillow between the knees while lying on one side may increase comfort. Some doctors recommend lying on your back with a pillow under your knees. The back pain will improve within several days. Do not be discouraged if you don't get a fast improvement. Almost everyone gets better within a month of onset of the pain if it is an uncomplicated mechanical lower back pain.