Epistaxis - bleeding from the nose

Patient

Q: Hi, I got headache for almost a week now but no fever..and last night i had nose bleed.what that indicates? Thank you!

Doctor

A:   Nose bleed associated with headache may be related to the increased blood pressure or excessive stress - emotional or physical. If the bleed does not stop on its own and comes in large amounts, you need to visit the emergency for the control of this bleeding. You may also try this technique, to pinch your nose with your head tilted forward, for a few secs and release it. Repeat this technique several times, and it may help stop the bleeding from your nose. You may also apply ice packs on your cheeks to do the same. Other reasons for the bleed and headache could be certain medications like aspirin, drug abuse, dry or very cold air, trauma and tumour.

Nose bleed associated with headache may be related to the increased blood pressure or excessive stress - emotional or physical. If the bleed does not stop on its own and comes in large amounts, you need to visit the emergency for the control of this bleeding. You may also try this technique, to pinch your nose with your head tilted forward, for a few secs and release it. Repeat this technique several times, and it may help stop the bleeding from your nose. You may also apply ice packs on your cheeks to do the same. Other reasons for the bleed and headache could be certain medications like aspirin, drug abuse, dry or very cold air, trauma and tumour.