Eppie wilson

Patient: I gave birth 4 weeks ago today i felt a string i didn’t know what it was so i pulled it and it was a piece of my stitches what should i do?

Doctor: Thank you for your question. Sutures are often placed in episiotomy incisions during a vaginal delivery or in a caesari an section incision. You have not told us from what incision that your suture came from. In general, certain types sutures dissolve and fall out after being placed. This could be possible in your case. However, we want you to be cautious and report this to your ob/gyn to make sure this suture is not from an incision that could reopen and start bleeding or prevent proper healing.Thank you for choosing Askthedoctor.com