Erectal Malfunction due to ACE inhibitors

Patient

Q: I have been using Ramipril 10mg for over 5 years, now my Doctor change the medication to Amlodipine 10mg, due to fact that I have been using Ramipril for such a long time, hence am now having eractal issues since I've been on Amlodipine for the second month, why is that the case. I had no issues when I was using Ramipril

Doctor

A:   Therapy ACE inhibitors (ramipril) is generally not associated with development of sexual dysfunction in patients with hypertension, so I would be unable to tell you why the change in medication has been made. Hypertension itself or underlying conditions such as depression, diabetes and obesity may all lead to erectile dysfunction. Further evaluation needs to be done to rule out any underlying cause.