ERECTILE DYSFUNCTION

Patient: Hi,My age is 30 and i am recently married. I am unable to do intercourse..While i try i am losing erectness

Doctor: HelloThanks for the queryThere are many reasons for an erectile dysfunction.The most common one is a first time sex, a new partner, anxiety, fear of low performance, stress to perform the best and lack of emotional rape with the partner.Here are a few measures to deal with1. Try and try till you succeed, if you are a first timer, you will lose the erection easily. hence do not give up and attempt again2. Foreplay must be done for a long time before attempting intercourse3.Avoid smoking and alcohol4. Express your concerns with your partner and seek her cooperation5. Make sure you are free from stress and have at least 8 hours of sleep daily6. Consult a psychiatrist for behaviour therapy and couple counselling, learning of Master and Johnson technique will helpIf all these measures fail, drugs like sildenafil may be used only with doctor recommendationHope this helpedRegards