Thanks for the query
There are many reasons for an erectile dysfunction.The most common one is a first time sex, a new partner, anxiety, fear of low performance, stress to perform the best and lack of emotional rape with the partner.
Here are a few measures to deal with
1. Try and try till you succeed, if you are a first timer, you will lose the erection easily. hence do not give up and attempt again
2. Foreplay must be done for a long time before attempting intercourse
3.Avoid smoking and alcohol
4. Express your concerns with your partner and seek her cooperation
5. Make sure you are free from stress and have at least 8 hours of sleep daily
6. Consult a psychiatrist for behaviour therapy and couple counselling, learning of Master and Johnson technique will help
If all these measures fail, drugs like sildenafil may be used only with doctor recommendation
Hope this helped
These Q&A’s are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.