ERECTILE DYSFUNCTION

Patient

Q: Hi,

My age is 30 and i am recently married. I am unable to do intercourse..While i try i am losing erectness

Doctor

A:   Hello
Thanks for the query
There are many reasons for an erectile dysfunction.The most common one is a first time sex, a new partner, anxiety, fear of low performance, stress to perform the best and lack of emotional rape with the partner.
Here are a few measures to deal with
1. Try and try till you succeed, if you are a first timer, you will lose the erection easily. hence do not give up and attempt again
2. Foreplay must be done for a long time before attempting intercourse
3.Avoid smoking and alcohol
4. Express your concerns with your partner and seek her cooperation
5. Make sure you are free from stress and have at least 8 hours of sleep daily
6. Consult a psychiatrist for behaviour therapy and couple counselling, learning of Master and Johnson technique will help
If all these measures fail, drugs like sildenafil may be used only with doctor recommendation
Hope this helped