Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Erection issue with lisinopril

Erection issue with lisinopril

Patient: I just started lisinopril, 10mg daily, 6 days ago and was unable to sustain an erection. This is a new problem for me and my wife. I am 68 yrs old and in good health. Is this erection issue caused by the medication . Are there alternative medications that would not affect an erection ?

Doctor: Lisinopril is a better drug, but it is possible any drug can product erectile problem in some. Hence, since you have no ticed specific change following drug, worth trying something new. Please meet your doctor and apprise him of the same. What to try alternately would be best judged by your family doctor / physician. There are many drugs without any sexual side effects. Let the decision be on doctors to suggest anything new.