Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Erection problem

Erection problem

Patient: I m 25 years of age , i am facing erection problem for quite a while . my erection does not lasts long . i am working right now and i smoke as well. Is mental pressure and smoking causing this disease?

Symptoms: erection disfunction

Doctor: Thank you for your question. It is highly possible that stress and smoking could be contributing to your inability to ma intain an erection. Smoking has a direct effect on circulation, and as a result will affect your ability to maintain erections. It is for this reason we recommend that you quite smoking. We want to be cautious that your erectile difficulties may not be due to a more serious problem such as your prostate, so we recommend that you visit your doctor to have a genital examination conducted, as well as a digital prostate examination. If you are cleared of any serious cause of your erectile problems, then we recommend that you try to find ways to reduce your stress. One beneficial way of doing this is to actually engage in some exercise outside of work, which will increase circulation throughout the body. Furthermore, you can utilize some meditation, relaxation, and focused deep breathing techniques to calm you down after a stressful day.Thank you for choosing askthedoctor.com

Guest: I dont know but really hard right now !!!!!! Damn I need to masturbate