Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Erection problem question

Erection problem question

Patient: Hi, I have a question about erectile dysfunction. I have difficulty getting an erection sometimes, although I am able to maintain a firm erection during sex.

Symptoms: Inconsistent ability to achieve an erection

Doctor: Hello,Thanks for using “Ask The Doctor” for posting your query.If its occasional and not a regular erectile dysfunct ion then its unlikely that there is any physical problem. Your penis should be alright. Occasional erectile dysfunction has psychological reasons and it has something to do with the relationship issues with your partner and your state of mind. This will require a detailed psychological evaluation of your relationship with your partner.Do meet your doctor and get a referral to a clinical psychologist.Hope this helps,Wish you a good health.