Erection teen question

Q: Dear Ask The Doctor:
So i am a teenager with a question about my lower body. When I have an erection is it normal if it curves slightly downward and doesn't always stay straight up and is there a way to make it straight?

thanks for contacting

The bending of the penis on erection is termed as CHORDEE. This may happen if during the growth spurt if there has been any injury to the corpora cavernosa and the replication of cells of that particular section of corpora cavernosa layer of penis is decreased. So eventually the penis tends to bend towards that side. If the chordee is minimal ,then there is nothing to be done and it wont hamper in any sexual functions for oneself and for the partner as well. However in cases where chordee causes sexual dysfunction and inability to have intercourse, surgical corrective techniques can be offered to them in consultation with an experienced physician after a thorough examination.

I hope i have answered your query in detail.
wishing you good health,