Erections when I don't get sufficient sleep or no sleep at all.

Patient

Q: Hello Doctor,
I have an erection issue which I have been searching on the internet for similar cases for some time now to no avail. I seek your advice about my problem. I get rigid erections when I don't get enough sleep or no sleep at all after long hours - this also happens just before I try to get some sleep. I believe it started almost 5 years ago when I started working on a shift based system. The shift is twelve hours long - add 2-4 hours of travel time to that! I rotate between day and night shifts every 3 months - hence I would work 3 months on night shift, then 3 months on day shift etc (I work Wednesday to Wednesday excluding Sundays, then I get the days off until the following Wednesday. The erections still happen to this day and I am now 31 years old. Initially, I started work on the night shift and when I'd get home in the mornings, I'd be very tired and sleepy - but with these erections. My girlfriend (now my Wife), back then would help me get it down by having sex - usually I'd let her be on top when I'm really tired. I think it is so bad that I could actually fall asleep with the erection while she had sex with me. I do not have any problems getting an erection under normal circumstances but it is becoming frustrating when I want to sleep that my penis decides to misbehave. I still have regular nocturnal erections. I explained the problem to my wife and she said I should really check it out as she didn't know I had the issue as everything seemed normal. Please let me know what are your thoughts and any specialists that may be able to help me. Thank you.

Doctor