Estrace - Not sure why

Patient : HIi Im undergoing fertility treatments (Going for 2nd IUI this month) and supposed to have a scan on CD1-3. Doctors were away during my 3 first cycle days and had to fax me a prescription for Estrace to take twice a day for 6 days but no details about the reason why I'm taking it... I'm very confused and noone seems to be able to help answer ours questions while the doctors are away. Why would one take Estrace from Cycle Day 1 to 6? I have no lining issues or other known issues (we've been diagnosed with unexplained infertility)..
Doctor :   Hello, thanks for contacting askthedoctor.com Estrace is estradiol which is estrogen. This may have been advised to you with regards to decreased or borderline estrogen levels during mid cycle. Hence as per their protocol they have started estrace for you from day 1 to day 6 to maintain estrogenisation of endometrium so that there is adequate LH surge and ovulation thereafter and you get pregnant the endometrium is conducive enough to accept the embryo. Its not necessary under an infertility protocol but choices are made on individualised basis. I hope i have answered your query. wishing you health, regards