Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Estrogen and its Effects on Female Facial Appearance

Estrogen and its Effects on Female Facial Appearance

Patient: Will taking estrogen or birth control make my bulbous nose thinner? I’ve already had 3 rhinoplasties that did nothing to the tip of my nose that has thick, fatty, oily skin?

Symptoms: Bulbous, wide nose

Doctor: Hello. Welcome to Ask The Doctor.No estrogen won’t help in getting a thinner nose.There is no indication of using Es trogens for this purpose.They have a long list of adverse effects.So they should only be taken under medical supervision.Rhinoplasty can only help you in getting a desired shape of the nose but as you have already seen that these surgeries have their own limitations.I hope it helps.Stay Healthy.