Patient: I had a taste of a cactus plant and I think it is called Euphorbia trigona, not 100% sure, but it was a white sap that looked like milk, and is it deadly? Should I go and consult a doctor? Thank you.
Symptoms: Sore throat, feels like my tongue is burnt.
Doctor: Hello,Thank you for your medical query at AskTheDoctor.comI understand your concern.It depends on the amount you consumed. If you just tasted it and it is not more than 2-3 drops, then you will just have local symptoms like burning of the tongue, and throat. If it is more than that amount and you ingested the sap, then you will develop systemic anaphylactic symptoms which will need immediate treatment. So please be careful, and if you feel any shortness of breath, wheezing, increased heart rate, e.t.c, please visit your doctor immediately.Hope this was helpful,Regards.