Even though it’s soon, I want to know if I’m pregnant.

Patient: I had a baby last year on December 18, 2013. I breastfeed, so I don’t know if I ovulate or not. I just had sex on Saturday (11/1/14) for the first time since February 20th. I bled right after the sex, and it got on my boyfriends penis. I have been having abdominal pain on and off ever since. My last period was on October 23rd. Any possibility that I could be pregnant again?

Symptoms: Abdominal pain.

Doctor: Thank you for your question. It is possible to become pregnant while breastfeeding. The process of breastfeeding only re duces level of fertility but it does not confer complete infertility during this time. We recommend that you ere on the side of caution and go to your doctor to have a pregnancy test performed. This is the best way to be certain if you have become pregnant or not.Thank you for consulting AskTheDoctor.com