Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Ever since I had a parshal hysterectomy my sex drive

Ever since I had a parshal hysterectomy my sex drive

Patient: Ever since I had a parshal hysterectomy my sex drive had dwendled down to nothing. Its taking its toll on my marriage. Is there anything I can do to get it back?

Doctor: Hello,Thanks for the query.Partial hysterectomy is unlikely to cause any loss of libido. However, you can consult a gynecologist for an examination and a hormonal profile. Aphrodisiac agents like garlic, drumsticks, chocolates, ginger, watermelon and even strawberries can increase the sexual drive. Hormonal supplements may rarely be needed. It is all in the mind and depends on the bond you share with your partner as well. Avoid smoking, alcohol and excessive masturbation and caffeine-containing beverages. Maintain a healthy diet and lifestyle. Meditate and exercise to reduce stress and improve libido.Hope this helped.Regards