Ever since I was 6 months pregnant I started getting these knots under my skin.

Q: Ever since I was 6months pregnant I started getting these knots under my skin and ontop is a blood and pus filled pocket that is raised at the skin. My mom gets them and said they were hereditary. Usually they would pop on their own and drain then heal or sometimes I would poke them with a needle to drain them. A few weeks ago I had one and I poked it and drained out the blood. Instead of healing it became unusually sore and where i poked the needle in the skin started making a big hole and now there is an open sore on my inner thigh. I have been cleaning it and putting a bandaid on it hoping that it will heal and it has not. It looks like there isn't much blood circulation going to the sore. I'm really worried about it and I'm setting a doctors appointment. Please give me some input on what it could be

From the history that you have furnished in your question, it seems like folliculitis or a staphylococcal infection leading to drainage of pus. Since the healing has been delayed and the area is getting deeper, it looks to be an abscess. This needs immediate attention from the doctor. Pregnancy is a state where immunity is reduced and hence delay in healing. Also, we need to rule out gestational diabetes as it could be a cause of such lesions, as well as non-healing too. You will need an antibiotic cover as well as drainage of the abscess if indicated.It may be followed by daily dressing with peroxide and betadine till complete healing. Keep the area dry and avoid contact with soaps, liquids, water, etc over the wound.

Hope this helped.