Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Every 2-4 days I get red dots on my hands mostly.

Every 2-4 days I get red dots on my hands mostly.

Patient: Every 2-4 days I get red dots on my hands mostly but I have seen them else where too. The don’t itch, sometimes they grow a tiny bit but the disappear within a couple hours. But it keeps happening.

Doctor: Hi.Thanks for your query, albeit short and specific.Noted your history of appearance of tiny red dots on the hands and elsewhere also, not itching. Sometimes they grow a tiny bit but disappear within a couple of hours. Keeps happening.This is the characteristic of an allergic rash as it disappears completely.Anything else other than allergy will stay for a longer duration of days or longer.Think about the causes that are instigating this in your case, can be anything external like air pollution, clothing, touching specific things and so on or internal allergy to food or so.The dictum in medical field is: anything under the sun including the sun can cause allergy, hence it is your close observation that can find the causative agent/s and try to avoid them.I hope this answers your query.