Every-time I exercise I experience swelling under my chin and shortness of breath. What might it be?

Q: When I exercise I experience swelling in an area I cant quite describe. If you move your hand under the bottom of your face you can feel it also its a few inches from the chin. Also if you push your tongue against the roof of your mouth you should feel a little lump under there. It's where a double chin would be.
I experience swelling in that area every time I start to exercise. It makes very hard to breath I wheeze and if I were to cough it would swell up more. It makes it very hard for me to do physical activity.
I don't know what it is I think it might be asthma but I don't experience chest tightness and can breath perfectly if the area isn't swollen.