Everytime I get a cold or tonsillitis, I end up with a skin rash and my skin peels off.

Patient

Q: Long story short, I was sick from November 2010 until July 2011 with constant tonsillitis. As I was going through this ongoing tonsillitis, my skin broke out on my face,chest, palms of my hands, and soles of my feet with little pinpoint size bumps. They were red, and intensely itchy. After the bumps went away, my skin peeled off for weeks, and my nails on my hands and feet shed layers. I saw my family doctor, dermatologists, ear nose and throat specialists (for my tonsils) and no one could figure out what was wrong with me. I finally got my tonsils removed on July 3, 2011. It is now December 15, 2011 and I have been sick for a week. Its a terrible cold that will not go away and has left with with constant headaches for days now with no relief. I just noticed a rash on my chest and the skin on my hands and feel are beginning to peel again. Do you know why this is happening to me everytime I get sick? No doctors have been able to give me answers, so I have resorted to the internet.

Doctor