Excess mucus in 3 month old.

Patient

Q: My baby is 3 months and has a lot of mucus in his nose and throat, ive tried saline drops and a humidifier and nothing helps, what should i do

Doctor

A:   Newborns at that age commonly suffer from viral upper respiratory infections that might increase the production of mucus. If this is the case, let me reassure you that this condition will end on its own and there is no need for special medication.
However I would suggest you to increase his fluid intake to replenish the losses and watch for signs of fever and dehydration. A visit to the pediatrician to comply with his vaccinations is also recommended. I wish him a prompt recovery.