Excessive masturbation

Patient

Q: Doctor, i can't stop masturbating. Is it normal to masturbate at least 5 times a day and still want to do it more?

Symptoms:  I masturbate at least 5 times a day and would do more if it didn't hurt
Doctor

A:   Hello.
Welcome to Ask The Doctor.

I understand your concern.
Masturbation is a normal phenomenon. It is said that 99% of people do masturbation and the remaining 1% lie.
It doesn't harm your body in any way.
However, it can cause harm to your mind if you get indulged in this activity abnormally and excessively. It makes you feel that you are doing wrong and still you do. So, it affects your Psychology.
Masturbation is totally harmless.
Only thing that should be kept in mind is that "Excess of anything is bad”.
You should understand one thing that Masturbation is a game of mind.
However you start doing it and make a psychology that you are getting the pleasure in some particular way, you get better erection and ejaculation that way only.
This is not a problem at all.
Once you get sexually active, you will have the pleasure in a normal way.
Share my opinion with your Doctor.

I hope it helps.
Stay Healthy.

Related Q&A

Q: I am 34 weeks pregnant and have grade 4 placenta previa, I have already had one heavy bleed and a hospital stay, I am...

Q: I have had clear discharge from my penis for about two months it started 3 days after i had oral/anal sex. Since 3 we...

Q: Any chance of getting a std from a handjob from a massage place? I got one 2 weeks ago, and for some time I feel a li...

Q: Tarted a new pill pack on October 4th (I think I started a few hours late, but less than 24 hours). Had sex on 9th ni...

Q: My husband and I havent had sex in the past 8 months. I'm 30 years old and my husband is 30 as well. Everytime we try...

 
DOCTOR ADVISORY BOARD
218

Dr. James Obaji M.D.

  • 247 Reviews
  • Family Physician
173

Dr. Suneel Sharman M.D.

  • 190 Reviews
  • Family Physician
138

Dr. Pat Golden M.D.

  • 169 Reviews
  • Cardiologist
98

Dr. Kunaal Jindal M.D.

  • 112 Reviews
  • Plastic Surgeon
CNN
BBC
MSNBC
CBS
abcNews
FoxNews