Excessive sweating from single armpit

Patient

Q: Hello there,

For about the last month and a half I've been sweating profusely from my right armpit while the left stays dry. It begins as soon as I get out of bed and subsides when I go to bed every night.

It is a little concerning for me because I've never really been much of an armpit sweater. In fact I've never had to own anti-perspirant until the last several weeks. Speaking of which I've had terrible luck with anti-perspirant, it almost seems to make the problem worse.

I've been brainstorming changes in my life that may have brought this on and I haven't come up with much. In this span I've been exercising more, I'm probably a little more stressed, and I started taking a dietary supplement. I assumed the latter was the cause but I've taken a week off an had no change.

Any thoughts or ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Doctor