Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Excessive sweating on one side of body

Excessive sweating on one side of body

Patient: Hello,I am 30 Years Male, Weight 68 KG, Height 5 7″.I am facing an health issue for almost 2-3 Years. The problem is that during summer season, I got sweats on half body. The sweating does not take place when i am standing straight or lying straight. It takes place when I am lying on sides, For example, Lying on left side will make the rights side to sweat (i.e sweating on right leg, right chest and whole body on right side) while the left side remains normal and vice versa.I gone through some tests for heart like ECG, Echo which were normal. In blood tests, I have increased level of Triglycerides (upto 270) and a slight increased level of HDL and cholesterol as well.I forget about this issue during winter because such sweating does not occur in cold weather conditions. In summer, even I got much sweating than normal in doing minor activities which required moderate hard work.Please suggest what could be the root cause of this issue and from where to start my medication…Cardiac specialist…endocrinologists….or lungs.I want a solution to this issue and your kind advise in this regard please.Awaiting responseBest Regards,Atiq

Symptoms: I got sweats on half body. The sweating does not take place when i am standing straight or lying straight. It takes place when I am lying on sides, For example, Lying on left side will make the rights side to sweat (i.e sweating on right leg, right chest and whole body on right side) while the left side remains normal.

Doctor: Thank you for writing to ATD.I believe that you have a neurological disorder. This seems likely because you have swe ating from half of the body which can happen with only neurological disorders. What you need to understand is that the mediator are the nerves but the cause can be anything.One cause can be stroke because of the high lipid levels, but I cannot confirm this. Other causes can be:InfectionsHigh Blood pressureDiabetesPlease see a neurologist to confirm the diagnosis. I hope this help you recover quickly. All the best.