Exercise after Clavicle fracture

Q: I have broken my left clavicle.can i start bodybuilding,and can i lift any weight or not give info about clavicle fractures

A:     Most broken clavicles heal on their own, but if the fracture is displaced, then surgical treatment is needed. The care after the treatment depends on if you were operated on or you only were immobilized. You may need to rest and do special exercises to help heal your clavicle. It is very important to keep your arm from moving to allow the clavicle to heal, usually for about 8-10 weeks. Your doctor will review your progress and your X-rays periodically to let you know when to progress to the next level of activity meaning when you will be allowed to lifting weights.