Exercise stress test

Patient

Q: So my doctor said I am going to have an exercise stress test done. All I know is I will have to run on a treadmill, and them they will put a scope down my throat to look at my throat. Will I have anesthesia or sedatives or will it be like a wide awake thing?

Symptoms:  Shortness of breath after walking, running
Doctor

A:   Thanks for consulting ATD. It's a wide awake walk on treadmill. You are connected to device through cables and heart rate, blood pressure are monitored. It is quiet helpful in diagnosing ischemic heart disease that is occult. Hope you got clarity on this. Have a nice day.